- Health and Welfare SeriesModules may be completed on their own and in any order. Completion of the first four modules of this series and one of the Health and Welfare Alerts modules satisfies the annual training requirements found in OAC 5123-17-02: Addressing Major Unusual Incidents and Unusual Incidents. Completion of all five modules is also eligible for one (1) CPD unit in the areas of investigative agent, county board member, adult services, superintendent, or service and support administration.
- Review of Health and Welfare RuleReviews types of Unusual and Major Unusual Incidents (UI/MUI), UI logs, UI investigations, MUI reporting requirements, and signs and symptoms of abuse. Module is about 17 minutes long.
- Choking PreventionReviews choking risk factors, high-risk foods, food preparation, diet textures, supervision, choking prevention strategies, information for supervision staff, and how to address food-seeking behavior. Module is about 6 minutes long.
- Fall Prevention
Reviews fall risk factors and how to prevent falls. Module is about 5 minutes long.
- Immediate Actions and MUI Investigations
Reviews immediate actions, MUI administrative investigations, defining Primary Person Involved (PPI), mandatory reporters, and investigation outcomes. Module is about 10 minutes long.
- Health and Welfare Alerts and Rule ChangesCompletion of either of these modules satisfies the Health and Welfare Alerts module requirement.
- Proof of Completion
This course survey will become available once all five modules have been completed.